Have you ever wondered if salt has other purposes other than giving flavor to our dishes? Be amazed by the many uses and wonders that the table salt does. Here are just some of them:
- Salt is a natural repellant. It will make your termite and ant problem go away. If your garden is also infested with snails or slugs, pour salt on them to kill these pests. The weeds in your garden could also be killed by pouring salt solution.
- Stain naturally removes stains. For your teeth, simply rub them on your teeth just before brushing. Alternatively, add salt and baking soda to water to brush your teeth or freshen your breath.
- If your hands smell like onion after slicing, wash up with lemon juice with salt.
- You will see results in a week or two. You can also use salt to remove ink stains from carpets, mattresses and sofas. Take a fistful of salt and put it on top of the stain. Leave it for a night. Vacuum the carpet the next day. In addition, you can also remove those stubborn bathroom stains by combining salt with turpentine. You can also combine salt with lemon juice to remove mildew stains.
- If you have sore throat, a salt solution is also a simple but effective medication. You will need hot water and a teaspoon of salt. Gurgle like an ordinary mouthwash.
- Always test the freshness of your egg by doing this simple procedure. In a bowl of water, add a pinch or two of salt. Simply put in your eggs. Those which float are still fresh while those which go to the bottom of the bowl are already spoiled and should be thrown away.
- You can also make egg shelling a lot easier if you boil the eggs in water with a pinch of salt.
- Are you having problems with scaling the fish? Here is a tip. Soak it in water for 15-30 minutes before removal.
- When washing your clothes during winter, add salt to the water you will use for your last rinsing. This will ensure that your clothes will not freeze outside. As an additional precaution, also rub your clothesline with the same salt solution. You can also use the same solution to ensure that the colors of your clothes will remain as bright as ever.
- To eliminate the stinky smell of your sinks, pour salt solution on you sinks.
- If you are a coffee or tea drinker, enhance its flavor by adding a pinch of salt to your drink.
- Clean your silverware with salt solution to achieve that shine. You can also extinguish fire by pouring in salt.
You see, salt is more than just a spice. It is not only good for our taste bud, but for our body and home, too. So, make sure that you stock on salt at home!